This module is a high-level certification programme which presents candidates with the opportunity to bring their spreadsheet skills to an expert level. Completion of this module will enable candidates to master the more advanced functions of spreadsheet applications, enabling them to produce more sophisticated reports, and to perform complex mathematical and statistical calculations, thus saving time and improving productivity in the completion of tasks.
On completion of this module the candidate will be able to:
- Apply advanced formatting options such as conditional formatting and customised number formatting and handle worksheets.
- Use functions such as those associated with logical, statistical, financial and mathematical operations.
- Create charts and apply advanced chart formatting features.
- Work with tables and lists to analyse, filter and sort data. Create and use scenarios.
- Validate and audit spreadsheet data.
- Enhance productivity by working with named cell ranges, macros and templates.
- Use linking, embedding and importing features to integrate data.
- Collaborate on and review spreadsheets. Apply spreadsheet security features.
What are the benefits of this module?
- Allows users to become more confident, efficient and effective in using a spreadsheet application.
- Proves mastery of the application.
- Enables users to produce better reports with deeper data analysis.
- Improves user’s productivity.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts and practising computer professionals from all over the world. This process ensures the relevance and range of module content.
The Syllabus sets out the specific knowledge and skills that make up this module, as informed by input from subject matter experts from a wide range of computer societies and organisations.
Advanced Spreadsheets Syllabus Overview:
|Functions and Formulas||
Validating and Auditing
ICDL Asia provides sample tests to enable potential candidates and employers to understand Advanced Spreadsheets in more depth and prepare for testing.
Please note: Answers are provided for the multiple choice questions of the sample papers, please refer to ICDL training materials for information on practical tasks.