1. In preparation for the Grand Final Round competition, the representing team from the country/territory will go through a free training session organised with Siemens PLM on using Siemens 3D Design Solid Edge software.
2. The training session would be for the top team to learn new skills and technology in 3D Design.
3. The training session is open to all other participating teams for the project-based competition as well. However, it is more necessary for the top team to participate in order to prepare for the 3D Speed Design Contest in Thailand.
4. Siemens’ Solid Edge licence (Free Student Trial version) can be downloaded from their website for the students to learn and be familiar with the software functions and usage. Mini tutorials are available online to practice too.
Grand Final Competition in Thailand is set to take place on 5 September 2018.
Top team representing each country/territory will need to arrive in the designated hotel booked by ICDL Asia in Bangkok, Thailand by 4 Sep 2018 for the group briefing. (before 3pm, Bangkok Time)
Part 1: Business Report Presentation
- All teams for this Grand Final Round are not allowed to make any more changes to their submitted business report. The submitted reports will be sent to ICDL Asia’s appointed panel judges for professional judging.
- All marks awarded by the panel of judges are final. No correspondence pertaining to the selection process and decision will be entertained.
- Each team will be given 10 mins presentation time to present their report to the judges. There may be followed by another 10 mins Q&A session as determined by the judges on the spot.
Part 2: 3D Speed Design
- All teams are to participate in this contest against each other. The teams are required to modify Object A to Object B in the shortest time possible to win.
- Marks awarded for this part of the contest will be added onto the total score achieved by each teams.
- Total 2 rounds for this competition – 1 individual round + 1 group efforts round.
- Winners will be announced during the Prize Presentation ceremony happening on 6 September 2018.